[et_pb_section bb_built=”1″ admin_label=”section”][et_pb_row admin_label=”row” make_fullwidth=”off” use_custom_width=”off” width_unit=”on” use_custom_gutter=”off” custom_padding=”1px|||” allow_player_pause=”off” parallax=”off” parallax_method=”off” make_equal=”off” parallax_1=”off” parallax_method_1=”off”][et_pb_column type=”4_4″][et_pb_text background_layout=”light” use_border_color=”off” border_color=”#ffffff” border_style=”solid” custom_padding=”1px|||” _builder_version=”3.0.106″]
Spring is here! And it is a time of renewal, new growth, new buds, blossoms and vibrancy! It’s an exciting time of year, and I just love the Spring! I feel energized, hopeful, shed my coats and heavy sweaters, and generally “lighten up”!
Many of us do Spring Cleaning in our homes, freshen things up, put heavy things away. And I was thinking about doing a Spring Cleaning for my business. It would have to be a good thing, right? So, I’ve been thinking, and I came up with some useful tips to share with you.
- Conduct your own personal business audit – Schedule time to review what is working in your business, and what is not. Revisit your intentions and goals for the year, and fine-tune them. Things may have changed and updates are warranted. Give yourself a gift and do that.
- Let Go! – Give yourself permission to let go of old business / work materials that are taking up space. Recently I tossed out a huge fabulous stack of overhead transparencies that I used to regularly use in my former business life. Yes, ….overhead transparencies. Do they even make those projectors anymore? Say good bye to books, notebooks, old journals, and “shelf-ware” that is taking up valuable space in your office. Free the Chi!
- Clean Your Office – Dust the baseboards, the shelving, your desk, the phones, printer, and nic nacs. Add a new plant to symbolize new growth! I recently removed old furniture, painted the walls, received a new desk, and my space is lighter, brighter, and welcoming. I like the way it feels!
- Purge Your Old Emails – Oh, this one is good for me. I’m not one of those who have a zero inbox, but I can commit to deleting chunks of old ones that just are taking up space in my life and brain. It’s freeing, don’t you think?
- Refresh Your LinkedIN Profile – Jazz it up! New head shot, updated profile, some current testimonials, maybe?
- Delete Facebook “Friends” – In the beginning, it’s fun to have a lot of friends. However, it’s useful to clean up the list of friends, and delete ones who you really have nothing in common with, and reach out and connect to people who do share commonalities.
- Out With the Old – Give each of your social media pages a face-lift, including your web site. What can you add or subtract that would refresh, invigorate and bring it new life? Add a video, remove a video, edit your Bio?
Freeing up energy, giving our office and business a sparkle alters a set energy pattern. Molecules reorganize, and begin to take on new life. Possibilities arise where once there was dust and tangled cords. I wish all of you an incredibly happy Spring, and that new shoots of green growth, buds of happiness and vivid blooms of success appear like magic. Happy Spring!