[et_pb_section bb_built=”1″ admin_label=”section”][et_pb_row admin_label=”row” make_fullwidth=”off” use_custom_width=”off” width_unit=”on” use_custom_gutter=”off” custom_padding=”1px|||” allow_player_pause=”off” parallax=”off” parallax_method=”off” make_equal=”off” parallax_1=”off” parallax_method_1=”off” background_position=”top_left” background_repeat=”repeat” background_size=”initial”][et_pb_column type=”4_4″][et_pb_text background_layout=”light” text_orientation=”left” border_style=”solid” custom_padding=”1px|||” _builder_version=”3.0.73″]
Hope you will take the time to read this lengthy message today. It’s important. It’s not one of my usual upbeat messages. Yet, it’s so important for you to know this information, personally and professionally.
Most of you know that besides being CEO of Get Clients Everywhere, I have been a Director with LegalShield for nearly 22 years, and I want to share some information that will make a difference for you. In fact, I’ve been very well-trained in the world of Identity Theft and Sensitive Information, leading corporate compliance trainings in this subject to many businesses and organizations throughout the country. I have some insight and information to consider.
I have done some work today on the Equifax data breach. And, even though this event is huge and currently in the news, our own personal identifying information (PII) has been compromised for many years, in multiple ways. Yes, since we were born.
In fact, if you listen to the news, you’re left to think that the only way identity theft and data breaches affects you is in the area of your credit. It is not. Credit Identity Theft is the smallest portion of all ID theft. Criminals do not want your credit, though it would be nice. Rather, they want your life!
1) You can find the facts about this breach here: FTC https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/blog/2017/09/equifax-data-breach-what-do
2) If you are an IDShield Member, and if you call Kroll, expect longer than usual wait times. They are inundated with calls right now.
3) Kroll’s standard message is to put a fraud alert (not a freeze) on your credit files(they will do it for you for free.) However, if you are applying for a mortgage or refinancing they recommended NOT doing the fraud alert. Or, if you need to access credit in a hurry due to floods, hurricanes, etc., you need to have credit now. A freeze at this time is not wise.
4) All of the services that Kroll provides are in full force, and members need not be any more worried or concerned than before. Kroll has our back. Most likely, you will have to do some of the work, and they will guide you, direct you, or tell you what or what not to do.
5) If you or a member want to confirm or otherwise whether they are part of the 145 million effected they should go to https://www.equifaxsecurity2017.com and put in their last name and last 6 digits of SSN.
6) If you are included you will get a confirmation message, and you can click to enroll in their free monitoring. Note: They just told you that your information was compromised. So, you already know you’ve been compromised. They offer you the monitoring because it is now the law for them to offer it to customers. (This is true of all businesses.)
I’ve already had people enrolling today, and HR Directors have been contacting me on behalf of their employees to see what they can do to help.
If you are not an IDShield Member, and you’d like to become a Member, it’s easy to enroll. Individuals pay only $9.95 / month. Families pay $19.95 / month, covering a spouse and children. It is tax-deductible for business owners.
I invite you to go to my site at www.mfratoni.
Six Types of ID Theft:
*Medical ID Theft
*Character and Criminal
Please reach out if I can help you in any way. Kroll Credit Services, the strongest leader in this space, is trained to handle all types of ID Theft….for you, as part of your IDShield. Remember to “activate” your IDShield, so that Kroll can do its work for you. Yes, you may add it to your active LegalShield Membership.